Membrane Ships Folded Depending on size of kit you will get one or two boxes (glue / membrane)
Membrane Length / Width It is recommended to get a length that is longer / wider than your unit due to possible curve of the roof, raised or lowered areas, removing the excess is much better than not having enough.
Membrane 8.5 foot wide x length selected
This is the newest Technology in RV roofing. It’s high level of strength, durability and resistance to UV rays, as well as chemicals, make it a natural choice for RV roofs.
PVC roofing systems not only reflect sunlight and solar energy, but they extend the useful life of the roof while helping to keep interiors cooler.
This membrane meets the high standards for RV roofing. Unlike stationary buildings, RV membranes must withstand extreme environments including subtle flexing and torsion of the chassis or frame during travel.
This product passed all the tests with flying colors. It has enough flexibility to work well in most any RV installation.COLOR White
THICKNESS 28 mils
PRECAUTION ON ALL PRODUCTS
This material in the liquid or vapor phases is extremely flammable. Keep away from sparks and open flame - do not smoke by this product.
Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors of this product - use in a well ventilated area. Prolonged breathing of vapors may cause headaches and even unconsciousness.
Direct contact of uncured sealant irritates eyes and may irritate skin. In case of eye contact flush eyes with water for 15 minutes and call a physician. In case of skin contact, thoroughly wash skin with soap and water.
Material may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Seek medical attention immediately.
Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm. www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Warranty covers manufacturer defects only such as UV cracking, splitting. Warranty does not cover punctures or tears; including but not limited to removing membrane incorrectly from packaging impact such as tree branches, overhangs, animal damage, etc. Warranty does not cover installation errors; including but not limited to incorrectly applying glue, caulk, side rails, etc.
- Free Shipping Method: FedEx Home (residential) or Ground (business) Estimated Transit Time 1 - 5 Business Days
- Shipping Details: Membrane Ships Folded In Box
Remove membrane from box as soon as possible onto clean roof of unit.
Not allow membrane to touch ground or dirty surface.
Do Not allow membrane to touch sharp objects or surfaces.
- Route all necessary vent and accessory openings. Sand all wood decking openings, seams and edges to a smooth surface. Blow debris off roof (wood decking) with air hose.
- Apply seam tape (2” minimum width) evenly onto roof and sidewall to cover sharp metal or fiberglass edge.
- Optional: Apply a porous tape (masking or fiberglass mesh) to seam the decking where butted together. This will help hide decking seams and give the finished roof a smoother appearance while strengthening the joint.
- Make sure all screw heads and surface is smooth and level throughout.
- Remove membrane from box as soon as possible onto clean roof of unit. Do Not allow membrane to touch ground or dirty surface. Do Not allow membrane to touch sharp objects or surfaces. Membrane can be glued either side down.
- Cut the roof sheet to fit roof length with an excess of at least 6” front and rear. Square as required.
- “Bed Sheet” the roof. That is, fold it in half so half of the deck is exposed.
- Apply adhesive in a wet film thickness of 8-10 mils with a paint roller or brush to the exposed half of the roof deck. (1 gal. will cover approximately 160-200 sq ft.)
- Lay the roof membrane over the wet adhesive.
- Before removing air pockets with a squeegee (gray neoprene head will not streak), the membrane must be lifted and pulled taut from each of the four corners of the roof. The membrane needs to be adjusted both in width (side to side) and length (front to rear) to ensure the roof is as flat as possible before the squeegee process.
- Remove all air pockets with a squeegee; press firmly working from the center outward toward the edges. All wrinkles must be removed at this point for a quality installation. The roof will tighten and conform as the adhesive cures.
- Repeat steps 6 through 11 for remaining half of roof. (In mass production situations the entire roof may be glued all at once.)
- Using a utility knife “x” cut all roof openings. Make sure you round all 90-degree corners to eliminate the possibility of running cuts. Surplus material can be stapled inside the vent openings. Let surplus material drape over the side of the unit for perimeter finishing. The roof edges can be sharp – it is required that seam tape be used to avoid edge splits.
- Apply putty /butyl tape to the backside of the roof-edge molding. Then while holding the bar, draw surplus material tight with a downward pull. Attach the drip edge bar, working outward from the center of the unit. When fully installed, use a utility knife to cut surplus material from below the bar.
- Assemble and attach roof molding where the roof membrane meets the front and rear end caps. Remember the roof molding must be secured to a cross member.
- Apply putty/butyl tape to all vents and accessories on the roof.
- Seal around all vents and accessories. Apply sealant to all visible screw heads. Both edges of the front and rear roof molding must also be sealed. There is no need to spread the sealant as you are applying it. A minimum 3/8” bead will work for most applications.