TANK MANUFACTURING PROCESS
U.S. FDA 21 CFR 177.1520 (c)3.1a
Canadian HPFB No Objection
Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
NSF International NSF/ANSI Std 61 (sec 4 & 5)
Yes, the tanks are UV-8 Stabilization, however this is not an algae or mold prevention. You will need to keep your tank clean and sanitized.
TANK USES & REFERENCE
Freshly made tanks may smell but it will disappear over time with exposure to air and water.
CUSTOM WATER TANKS
- You would need to prepay to have a mold made this ranges from $9,000 and up, lead time can be 8 weeks or more.
- You would need to place a prepaid PO of a qty of tanks per month/per year, your sales associate would confirm this number, before the mold would be made.
- You can fill-out our new Water Tank Build to get a quote on a custom tank.
PLUMBING & FITTINGS
We do not offer clean-out ports at this time but there are many options online that allow you to install the needed clean-out port.
You could install a Uniseal fitting into your tank and as long as you have a smooth sided deck mount this could be fitting into the Uniseal.
You will need to verify if items will fit your application, such as being food safe, we are not aware of this.
BRACING & SUPPORTING
Can I put weight on the tanks?
No, do not place anything on the tanks, if you need to stack the tanks you will need a weight bearing shelf between them.
MONITORING WATER LEVELS
To check fluid levels, press and hold the button designated for the tank and read the level indicators on the panel. Sometimes, residue on the sides of a tank, or water with a low mineral content will give a false reading.
4 Probes per tank needed
3/8" drill bit needed Measure
and mark installation points before drilling. After drilling be sure to
remove any burs from hole. Do not over-tighten probes.
All of Class A Customs Fresh/Gray water tanks are manufactured using DOW NSF International NSF/ANSI Std 61 approved Medium Density Polyethylene (MDPE) Resin Because Class A Customs was verified to used and continues to use NSF Certified Materials to build our tanks we are allow to link directly to the NSF website materials page and are allowed to state the tanks are made from NSF Certified Materials.
The NSF associate Class A Customs was contacted by and worked with was;
Quality Representative, Quality & Compliance
NSF International | nsf.org
789 N. Dixboro Road, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105, U.S.A
We are not aware of the codes or rules. We are not aware of what tanks or items you need.
- Ask your local Health Department to provide you with a list of water tank manufacturers that have the NSF logo built into the water tank.
- Forward the documents and tank information provided on the Class A Customs website to your local health department before purchasing to be sure these tanks will pass your local inspection, this is your responsibility.
- Class A Customs NSF Letter this letter has all fresh/gray tank sizes, part #'s, measurements and fittings, along with material tank is made from.
FOOD VENDOR FREE RESOURCES
ServSafe Manager Practice Tests --- These are for practice only current tests will vary.
RV WASTE & GRAY TANKS
WASTE TANK PLUMBING & FITTINGS
MOUNTING & BRACING
Do you sell mounting straps?
Do you sell mounting brackets?
Some of the Class A Customs Waste Water Tanks are built with a "lip" on the tank. Tanks can be hung by this lip, it is recommended to make a shelf to slide the tank lip into.
You will need to brace the tank on all sides to prevent movement of the tank.
Due to the variety of installations we do not carry brackets or bracing systems. Do Not hang by ratchet strap, this is too thin and will not adequately support tank.
Can I put weight on the tanks?
No, do not place anything on the tanks, if you need to stack the tanks you will need a weight bearing shelf between them. A gallon of water weighs roughly 8.34 pounds, so a 40 gallon water tank when full is over 335 pounds in weight.