Membrane Ships Folded Depending on size of kit you will get one or two boxes (glue / membrane)
Membrane Length / Width It is recommended to get a length that is longer / wider than your unit due to possible curve of the roof, raised or lowered areas, removing the excess is much better than not having enough.
Local Pick-up Only can specify to have membrane rolled and not boxed, note this in the comment section during checkout.
Membrane 9.5 foot wide x length selected
Brilliant UV performance and is resistant to mold, algae, and fungus
Better puncture resistance than EPDM at .028 Thick
Will not shrink or crack (100% solids sealant)
- Free Shipping Method: FedEx Home (residential) or Ground (business) Estimated Transit Time 1 - 5 Business Days (NO PO Boxes - USPS Mail Locations - UPS Locations)
- Shipping Details: Membrane Ships Folded In Box
Q: What is the thickness of the TPO membrane?
Class A Customs Available Membranes
Membrane Ships Folded
Depending on size of kit you will get one or two boxes (glue / membrane)
Membrane Length / Width
It is recommended to get a length that is longer / wider than your unit due to possible curve of the roof, raised or lowered areas, removing the excess is much better than not having enough.
can specify to have membrane rolled and not boxed, note this in the comment section during checkout.
INSTALLATION - Printable Instructions Here
• Do Not allow membrane to sit boxed, use as soon as possible.
• Do Not allow membrane to touch ground, dirty surfaces, sharp objects, or surfaces, including lifted screw head and edges.
• Do Not drag the membrane as this can cause punctures and tears, this is not covered under warranty.
• Membrane can be glued either side down. Single-Ply membranes are the same color throughout.
• Router all vent and accessory openings. Sand all openings, seams, and edges to a smooth finish. Remove all debris off roof with air hose.
• Apply seam tape (2” minimum width) evenly onto roof and sidewall to cover any sharp edges, it is required that seam tape be used to avoid edge splits. (We do not provide seam tape due to different sized needed)
• Make sure all screw heads and surfaces are smooth and level throughout, raised screws will puncture membrane and is not covered under warranty.
1. Cut the membrane to fit roof length with an excess of at least 6” front and rear.
2. “Bed Sheet” the membrane. That is, fold it in half so half of the roof is exposed.
3. Apply adhesive in a wet film thickness of 8-10 mils with a short-napped paint roller to the exposed half of the roof decking, brush can be used but is more difficult. (1 gal. will cover approximately 160-200 sq ft. best when applied in air temperatures over 50 deg F (10 deg C).
4. Lay the roof membrane over the wet adhesive, the membrane needs to be adjusted both in width (side to side) and length (front to rear) to ensure the membrane is as flat as possible before the squeegee process. Let surplus material drape over the side of the unit for perimeter finishing.
5. Remove all air pockets and wrinkles with a squeegee (gray neoprene head will not streak) or linoleum roller; press firmly working from the center outward toward the edges, do not be on the roof during this time.
All wrinkles must be removed at this point for a quality installation. The roof will tighten and conform as the adhesive cures removing creases, be sure to complete roof securing steps before allowing roof to dry.
6. Repeat steps 2 – 5 for remaining half of roof.
7. Apply putty/butyl tape to the backside of the roof-edge molding. Then while holding the bar, draw surplus material tight with a downward pull, but do not stretch the membrane. Drive screws through molding, membrane, and roof framing members. For best application install molding from center of unit to ends.
Alternative method, staple membrane in place using ½” staples 3”-5” apart then apply bar.
If roof-edge moldings are not installed on roof during this time membrane will peel-up as drying.
8. Apply putty/butyl tape to the backside of the front and rear termination moldings/caps. Front cap will lay on top of the membrane, membrane should lay on top of the rear cap. Reinstall termination molding using screw type fastener, make sure to screw into sufficient roof structure to prevent lifting. Both edges of the front and rear roof molding must be sealed with caulk/sealant. A minimum 3/8” bead will work for most applications.
1. Using a utility knife “x” cut all roof openings. Make sure you round all 90-degree corners to eliminate the possibility of running cuts.
2. Surplus material must be secured by staples or screws inside the openings, trim all excess material.
3. Apply putty/butyl tape to all vents and accessories, when installing if any bubbles are noticed in membrane smooth bubble to vent opening and secure vent with screws.
4. Seal around all vents and accessories. Apply sealant to all visible screw heads. There is no need to spread the sealant as you are applying it. A minimum 3/8” bead will work for most applications.
Warranty Registration Must Be Completed Within 30 Days
Class A Customs Adhesive is a high solids adhesive with a short drying time. It is used in the Recreational Vehicle and Commercial Roofing industries to adhere membranes to wood decking (not designed for fiberglass).
It is ideal for applications where a quick dry time is dictated by production line speed or other variables.
Class A Customs Adhesive does not lose peel value over time, but remains flexible to allow for expansion and contraction of the membrane. When tested side-by-side with competitors RV adhesives, Class A Customs Adhesive was proven to be stronger and keep a better hold on both the rubber roofing, and the materials it was applied to.
Water Based Acrylic Adhesive
Fast Setting - dries clear
Bond grows stronger with age but remains flexible to allow for expansion and contraction of various roofing materials. Excellent adhesion to plywood, particleboard, MDF, and most roofing membranes such as EPDM, PVC, TPO, etc...
Coverage 160-200 sq ft/gal
Best when applied in air temperatures over 50 deg F (10 deg C)
For glue roller applicators and glue spreaders, can be hand applied by brush.
Apply to one substrate with 10-12 mil coat weight to achieve excellent bond.
To achieve best bond, apply to both substrates with 5-6 mil coat weight and allow to dry, then laminate to membrane and apply pressure with roller to insure 100% contact.
Diluent Water, if required. Use as received.
Clean-up requires only warm water.
Store product in a cool, dry area.
Product should not be stored in direct sunlight.
First Aid ProceduresEye contact If product contacts eye, flush with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention immediately.
Skin contact If product contacts skin, wash affected area with soap and water. Seek medical attention if irritation develops or persists. Launder contaminated clothing before reuse.
Inhalation Move subject to fresh air in case of accidental inhalation of vapors or decomposition products. If symptoms persist, get medical attention promptly.
Waterproofs overlapping metal seams.
1/8" high X 3/4" wide - Roll 30 feet long
Safety Data Sheet
Store unused sealant in a cool and dry area below 80 deg F (27 deg C). Shelf life 1 year.
Remove dirt, grease, moisture and old caulk. If joint size exceeds 1/2" x 1/2" use backer rod.
Mask both sides of joint with masking tape.
Cut nozzle to desired bead size. Pierce seal. Load sealant cartridge in caulking gun. Place nozzle into joint and apply sealant into gap. Apply above 40 deg F (5 deg C)
Smooth or “tool” bead if needed. Remove masking tape immediately.
Wipe hands and tools thoroughly before washing with soap and water. Tack free in 30 minutes, normally cure time 24 hours.
Not for internal consumption. Direct contact of uncured sealant irritates eyes and may irritate skin. In case of eye contact flush eyes with water for 15 minutes and call a physician. In case of skin contact, thoroughly wash skin with soap and water. In case of ingestion seek medical attention immediately.
Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm. www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Safety Data Sheet