Uniseal® is the world's best seal, and installing it is a simple process. After cutting a hole in the wall of a tank or other surfaces, the seal is inserted. Then the pipe is coated with a slippery detergent and pushed into the seal. The Du Pont Alcryn® is the key to the liquid-tight seal. When the pipe is pushed through the rubber-like Uniseal® from the outside, the inside Alcryn® wall becomes thin enough to allow the pipe to squeeze through and then forms a liquid-tight seal. The coefficient of friction with the plastic pipe is roughly three times higher than any other material, which allows it to create a better seal than with any other material.
- Alcryn® melt-processable rubber
- Resistant to acids, oils, greases, gasoline & sewage
- Withstands pressure & suction
- Withstands heat & cold
- Easy installation
- Reduced labor & material costs
- In static conditions, the seal is good up to 65 psi
1" Black Uniseal® Pipe-to-Tank Seal
- For pipe with dimensions: 1" ID x .1.315" OD
- Hole size required: 1.75"
1. Be sure to have recommended hole saw for selected fitting, check chart before cutting.
2. Using hole saw cut hole in wall, ensure that the hole is cut clean. Irregular holes could cause poor seating and possible leaks. File or sand the edges so there are no rough or sharp edges be sure to remove any remaining debris.
3. Insert the Uniseal with the wide surface facing out.
4. Make certain the pipe to be inserted is cut clean and square, file or sand the edges so there are no rough or sharp edges to cut the Uniseal surface.
5. Use liquid soap or Teflon lube on the pipe to be inserted. Insert the pipe into the Uniseal as far as needed to clear the inside of the seal by about 2".
6. Be sure to clean tank thoroughly prior to using removing any debris and lubricant residue.